Wednesday 25 April 2018

Card A Day Blog - April 15-21

Yes, I'm late here anyway. I posted on time for the Card A Day blog. Thought I'd share my cards here too. Better late, than never - right?


Sweet and Simple Sunday


The theme for April is Spring Florals and the color scheme is pastels. For Sweet and Simple Sunday, the challenge is to create a clean and simple card using this month’s theme and color scheme.  For the flowers, I used Simon Says STAMP’s Floral Bookmarking stamp set and my MISTI. I have found lining up the flowers easier, if I use the original MISTI and move the card panel, rather than move the stamp. I used Hero Arts inks (Soft Cantaloupe, Tide Pool, Orchid) for the flower heads and Green Hills for the stem and leaves. For the sentiment, I stamped on some grey cardstock with Technique Tuesday’s Look Out World stamp set. I popped the sentiment strip for some added dimension.

Mistletoe Monday


The theme for April is Spring Florals and the color scheme is pastels. For Mistletoe Monday, the challenge is to make a Christmas/Holiday card. I started with Simon Says STAMP’s Poinsettia stamp set, Versamark and white embossing powder which was heat set on vellum. The bloom was fussy cut and I added color with Copics on the reverse side of the vellum.  I decided to put the poinsettia on a kraft tag which I made using Stampin’ Up’s Ornate Tag Topper punch. The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP’s Ornaments stamp set and was white heat embossed.  I used some silver ribbon for the top of the tag. Used some green printed paper for the background.

Technique Tuesday


The theme for April is Spring Florals and the color scheme is pastels. For Technique Tuesday, the challenge is to use this month’s technique – watercoloring.  I used Altenew’s Adore You stamp set, stamped onto watercolor paper with Versafine Onyx Black ink. I added color with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and blended the ink with a waterbrush. I fussy cut the flowers and leaves out. For the background of the card, I used Cuttlebug’s Chicken Wire embossing folder with kraft cardstock. The sentiment is from Hero Arts Layered Topiary stamp set.

WOW Wednesday

Before:


After:

The theme for April is Spring Florals and the color scheme is pastels.
For WOW Wednesday, the challenge is to turn up the volume on a card.  The original card used Poppystamps’ Peony Stems and Blossoms stamp set. The spray of flowers was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink. Color was added with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and a waterbrush to move some of the color around. The sentiment is from the same stamp set.
To turn up the volume, I added some sparkly silver strips to the right side of the card and some rhinestones in the centers of the flowers.

Thursday in 3D



The theme for April is Spring Florals and the color scheme is pastels. The creation of a 3D card is a stretch for me. It’s something that I’m not really familiar with. I checked out Pinterest and found a video and templates to make a 3D card at http://www.queenbcreations.net/2014/12/birthday-card-in-a-box.html.  I found some pastel printed paper to decorate the box. I used Simon Says STAMP’s Artful Flowers stamp set with white embossing powder for the flowers and stems. I added color with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and a waterbrush. I fussy cut the blooms and stems.  I arranged the flowers in the box. The sentiment is from Paper Smooches Salutations stamp set, stamped with Hero Arts Soft Granite ink on soft yellow cardstock, cut into a banner.

Freestyle Friday


The theme for April is Spring Florals and the color scheme is pastels.  For Freestyle Friday, the challenge is to create whatever I want. For this card, I repeatedly stamped the small branch included flowers using Poppystamps Peony Stems and Blossoms stamp set with Versafine Onyx Black ink on 96 lb Bristol. With a 1.5” circle punch, I punched out a section of the card panel. I added color with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers on only the punched area. Using a scalloped circle die, I die cut a border for the colored circle panel. The sentiment is from the same stamp set, stamped onto a banner and popped up with dimensionals. This technique is known as a spotlight technique.

Scene it Saturday


The theme for April is Spring Florals and the color scheme is pastels. For Scene it Saturday, the theme is to create a scene card. I looked through my collection of 6x6 paper packs for some pastel colored florals. I found three different printed papers. I stamped some trees from Simon Says STAMP One with Nature stamp set onto the printed paper. I fussy cut the trees. I used Simon Says STAMP Stitched Slopes and Hills dies to cut a sloped mask. I then inked up the panel with the mask in place, with distress inks – shabby shutters for the grass and salty ocean for the sky. I positioned the trees to create the scene. It felt like something was “missing”, so I added a flock of birds using Lavinia Stamps Birds stamp set. The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP Lots of Thanks stamp set.

Thanks for stopping by
sue



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.