Sunday 6 August 2017

Muse Challenge #227

It's a bit different this week at Muse Challenge. There is no Muse card and it's anything goes! The part I really enjoy about the Muse challenges is the attempt at interpreting a card created by someone else. I tend to "literally" interpret and I'm working on "stretching outside my comfort zone". So, while I could have made a card off the top of my head, I decided to look for some inspiration - where better, than Ardyth's APRInspiration board on Pinterest. I found this image which I thought was interesting. By the way, there are over 5500 pins - I didn't need to check through them all before I found one that caught my eye.

Petite Plates by LaPellaPottery  #pottery #plate #socute

I was inspired by:
- the quarter design (a flower cut into quarters)
- bright colours
- the black outline an border


Here's my card




I started with Technique Tuesday's Garden of Life stamp set. I chose the largest flower, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured with Copics YG06, R35, GB05 and YR04. I cut the flower into quarters, chose one I liked and matted with black. The sentiment is from Hero Arts Color Layering Bouquet.

Thanks for visiting
sue

4 comments:

  1. Haha! I love that you were inspired by my Pinterest board - I should probably look there more often myself! Love what you did with this- bright, happy and graphic! Thanks so much for joining our Anything Goes week at Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you were inspired and love the CAS design. Great to see you at Muse x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, vibrant and deliciously graphic, Sue ... and so wonderfully CAS ... brilliant! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.