Tuesday 15 August 2017

Christmas Card Throwdown August Theme Challenge

Here's the current theme challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown.




This challenge really challenged me to think "outside the box". I know that there are some cute stamp sets with Santa on surfboards and other tropical Christmas sets. I don't own any of those. So I thought that I'd have to pass - then inspiration struck. Here's my card



I stamped the palm tree from Lawn Fawn's Life is Good stamp set and coloured them with Copics. I used the tree decorations from Neat & Tangled Bright Baubles stamp set, stamped in different non-traditional colours. I think that I was able to create a tropical Christmas tree. The sentiments is from the Neat & Tangled stamp set.

Thanks for visiting
sue

3 comments:

  1. Excellent improvising! Your trees look very festive.
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your clean, simple design - a clever idea that works great. Thank you for joining us at the Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card you made :-)) I like your tropical festive card.
    Thanks so much for playing along with Christmas Card Throwdown. Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.