Monday 17 April 2017

Calling All Sistahs - April Edition

It's the 17th of the month. That means, it's time to remind all the women in your life to do their monthly self-exams and annual mammograms. This campaign was started by Michele Gross of CAS-ual Fridays Stamps upon her discovery and diagnosis of breast cancer. Michele designed the Calling All Sistahs collection to help us remind each other of this important campaign. Michele donates 50% of the proceeds of the sales from this collection to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.

Did you know that one in eight women in the US (or one in nine women in Canada) will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer. Look around, do you see eight women? Think about it, on average, one of those eight will receive the diagnosis of breast cancer. It's frightening to think about! We can increase the odds and through early detection, increase the survivor rate, through monthly self-exams and annual mammograms.

No automatic alt text available.

Here's my card



I started with CAS-ual Fridays' Full On Floral stamp, Versamark ink, white embossing powder and my heat tool. I added colour with distress inks (spun sugar, worn lipstick and picked raspberry) randomly. I matted the card with a piece of bright pink. Out of the same pink, I die cut using CAS-ual Fridays' Hope Fri-die and a small heart using a heart die. I added some sparkle with Wink of Stella on the hope and heart die cuts.

I have a friend, recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I'm going to send her this card.

Thanks for visiting
sue




3 comments:

  1. I think I need to move to Canada to decrease my odds. :) Must be those cold winters, eh? Lovely reminder, Sue, to check ourselves each month. Thank you for encouraging your readers with this sweet card.d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love that full on floral stamp! I think I "need" it! Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a soft pretty card Sue, thats for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.