Sunday 16 April 2017

a2z Scrapbooking

Sometimes I think it's a good idea to push yourself a little outside your comfort zone. After all, it's only paper, right? I usually prefer the clean and simple look with lots of white space. I felt it was time to give something else a try.

Here's my card



See - no white space - LOL! I started by using Hero Arts CL949 You're So Lovely stamp set with versamark ink and white embossing powder. I heat set the images. I love the Hero Arts ink cubes. They are an affordable alternative to adding more ink colours while not breaking the bank. For this card, I used the Kelly's Flowers, Quiet Morning, Libby's Purple Garden, Jayne's Fall Colors and Lucy's Floral Favorites ink cube sets. Specifically, the colours used were Green Hills, Emerald Green, Tide Pool, Soft Pool, Orchid, Passion Flower, Pale Tomato, Butter Bar, Tangerine and Ultra Pink. I smudged the ink onto an acrylic block and picked up the ink with a water brush. To get more intense colours, limit the amount of water added. To complete the card, I added a few sequins for a bit of sparkle. Here's a close-up

 

The current challenge at a2z Scrapbooking is

We'd love for you to join us. Be sure to use a Hero Arts product as your focus and tell us what your favorite Hero Arts product is. For me, it's the variety of ink cubes.

Thanks for visiting
sue



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.