Sunday 19 March 2017

CASology: Week 240

I'm happy to have had some time at my craft table to make a card for this week's challenge at CASology



Here's my card




I used the Memory Box Large Olive Branch die and die cut three branches. I tried to keep the positive with the negative die cuts - makes it easier to add colour, at least for me. I added colour with ink daubers and distress inks (twisted citron, mustard seed, faded jeans, mermaid lagoon, spiced marmalade, picked raspberry). I like the effect of using black as the cardbase. I feel it makes the colours really pop. I used white embossing powder for the sentiment from Catherine Pooler's Butterfly Notes. I also inked up a scrap of white cardstock with twisted citron and mermaid lagoon and cut them into really thin strips for below the sentiment.  

Thanks for visiting
sue

3 comments:

  1. Love the spring colours of your leaves and how they pop off the black. So happy you could play in the CASology challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your black 'white' space is so very dramatic, and I love how you colored your pretty leaves. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Striking & beautiful--love this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.