Tuesday 23 August 2016

One-Layer Simplicity Challenge OLS30

The current challenge at One Layer Simplicity is

August Art!

My skills are about as far away from art as Pluto is from the Sun. I kept coming back though and read through - hmm - watercolor, watercolor pencils, mosaics, stencils. Perhaps, I could "fake" it!

Here's my card


I used Inktense Watercolor Pencils and a stencil from iStencil 27-00079 R SC. With a waterbrush, I moved the color around and in some cases, I added more color by touching the waterbrush to the end of the inktense pencil. The sentiment is from MFT Just the Way You Are stamp set.

Thanks for visiting
sue

2 comments:

  1. I love your card. You are definitely NOT faking it. What a bright, fun, artistic card. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Joan...no faking it here! This makes me happy!!! The colorful blocks form a fabulous mosaic and the watercolor effect of the blocks works perfectly!!! Thanks so much for sharing this with the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.