Monday 29 June 2015

Hero Arts Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Here's my card
It's for the challenge at the Hero Arts Blog

tictactoe_board
For this challenge I chose the left column - circles, background stamp, watercolor.

 I was inspired by this card by Donna Mikasa

 

I used this Hero Arts background stamp with Versamark ink, applying it to a piece of watercolour paper. I thought that I was being clever nad used clear embossing powder. I was concerned that the watercolour paper wasn't perfectly white and that white embossing powder would show "too much". Joke was on me - I had some difficulty figuring out where the embossing was when I was adding distress inks with my watercolour brush. I added colours to the diamond (interior portion of the circles) and to complete the circles, I added pumice stone to all the intersecting portions.

I used a "thanks" die cut out of gold paper glued to a piece of vellum and added a bit of gold thread.

Here's a close-up.

Thanks for visiting
sue

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty card! so clean and simple. nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.