Monday 6 April 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch #117

Here's my card

 
for this week's challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch

 


I've learned a few things ... 

Cut the hearts first; then the circle around the heart (flip the circle punch upside down to help centre the heart).

For the backgrounds showing through the heart cut-outs, I used a variety of red scraps cut out with a one inch punch. To assist with lining up the 1" circles, I lightly used a pencil to mark the card front - vertical centre and 1.5" on each side; 1" from the fold and 2.5" from the fold. I adhered a 1" circle, centred on all intersection points. 

I made a simple template - cut out a 1 1/4" circle and marked the four quadrants. I lined up the quadrant lines with the pencil lines on the card front, placed each of the heart circles into the 1 1/4" circle and adhered with dimensionals. Of course, once all adhered, erased the pencil lines!

Used this stamp set for the sentiment

Thanks for visiting
sue

4 comments:

  1. i saw a card much like this on pinterest once and i tried to recreate it without dies, but with the heart punch i have..didn;t work well ;-) i now should try it again, thank you for inspiring me ,love your card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so sweet & pretty! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue I love your sweet hearts! Thanks for sharing your technique and darling card with us at CTS!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a perfect take on the sketch--love those inlaid hearts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.