Friday 1 December 2017

{Growing in Unity} Girl ~ Day 5

SO super excited to be a {Growing in Unity} Girl on Facebook for the Unity Stamp Company, this week. I can't believe that my week is already over. This is the last of my five cards for this week, as a {Growing in Unity} Girl.

Here's my card for today.




I was inspired by the upcoming Christmas season and the super cute Unity Stamp's Small Stuff Christmas {itty bitty} stamp set. I thought of Charlie Brown and his Christmas card when I saw this stamp. I inked the stamp with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and spritzed the stamp a couple of times with water for a watercolour effect. I matted the stamped panel with some kraft cardstock and added the sentiment to the cardbase. Doesn't this card remind you of simpler times when we didn't need miles of flashing lights programmed to music but rather a single ornament? It's a chance to remember the true meaning of Christmas.

Unity Stamps will be giving out grabs bags of 25 stamps to two random people who comment on my {Growing in Unity} posts, this week. 

Thanks for visiting and a huge thank you to Unity Stamps for the opportunity.
sue

26 comments:

  1. I love this stamp. It reminds me of "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and his simple little tree he had. Pretty card. thank you for sharing your talent with us this week. Loved your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this little stamp and love it. You did a great job using it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Simple but wonderful and the sentiment is so true. Great week. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice water color effect. I have enjoyed your week as a GUI gal. Have a wonderful Holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the simplicity, my son had a tree like this in his bedroom one Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOSH, I love your Charlie Brown tree!!!!! I just watched the movie the other night, and love it so much. You did a fine job of keeping it simple, in the spirit of the look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card! I just love this stamp it brings me back to my childhood watching Charlie Brown I always loved the Xmas movie. Thank you for sharing and showing you can have a beautiful card simple

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my very favorite stamps from Unity! And I don't even own it. I really need to on my next order. It just reminds me of all the Charlie Brown shows we watched as children. And it makes the perfect CAS card like you've done here. Thanks for a great week of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great watercolour effect - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So soft and sweet. I love this stamp and your design. Great job! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the effect that spritzing with water had on slightly diffusing the green pine needles. Nice! I agree, we need to get back to the true meaning of Christ-mas! Thanks for being a GUI girl this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my favorite Charlie Brown tree. I have one I put out every year it plays charlie brown music. Love the card and tree

    ReplyDelete
  13. That’s a lovely card ! It was such a great week at Unity with you. Thanks Sue ! margessw@icloud.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet and simple. I love it! I just got this stamp recently and think this is the perfect card to make with it. Thanks for your inspiration this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is so sweet! I just love how clean and simple it is! awesome week!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet card! Love that tree stamp! :) Thanks for being an awesome GIU girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing!!! Love your Charlie Brown Christmas tree,it's so cute

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my!!! I love your Charlie Brown tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I tend to spend too much time on one card. I love them but if I simplified I could brighten more days! Great idea and super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable - I love the watercolor look.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice job with an adorable stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a cute stamp I just bought it. ❤️ And I love the simpler times 😉

    ReplyDelete
  23. Neat idea to watercolor this. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sweet card! Love that cute little tree!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your card- and that tree image- I did not order it...but sure love all of the cards I see out of it (will have to add it to my wish list! LOL). What a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card and a wonderful reminder to enjoy the simpler times...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.