Monday 6 February 2017

TIME OUT Challenges #76

I happily was creating in my craft space and was inspired by the current "inspired by words"  challenge at TIME OUT Challenges where the words are

'Friends are connected heart to heart, distance and time can't break them apart'

I thought of connected hearts and Simon Says STAMP's Heart Parade die. I used scraps of bright patterned paper. I used the outline of the connected hearts to guide the placement of the centres of the hearts. Here's my card



I chose to use black cardstock as the base and used black dimensionals to pop up the bright hearts. They look like they are floating. Here's a close-up.



The "friend" sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP Flowers on My Mind stamp set which I used with versamark ink, white embossing powder and my heat tool.

Thanks for visiting
sue

4 comments:

  1. Sue, you made an awesome card!
    Black backgrounds and bold colors are always such a great combination! - Love how the colors pop off the page then!

    Greetings from Wiebke (KomMa-designed)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colours look so great on the black! Great to see some other colours! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how dramatic those hearts look against the black background. Also, without the outline of the die. This is a real stunner. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun way to use the negative pieces. And great way to use some scraps - they pop on the black!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.