Saturday 14 January 2017

a2z Scrapbooking January Challenge

Posting a card over at a2z Scrapbooking today. 

January's challenge is 


anything-goes
Here's my card




I used the emboss resist technique to create my card. I started with the largest flower from the Hero Arts CL980 Happy Mother's Day stamp set. I used clear embossing powder and heat set the images. I find it a bit difficult when stamping multiple images. I can't see where the versamark stamps. For me, I stamp one image, add embossing powder, then I can see where I've already stamped. It makes it easier for subsequent image stamping - working to keep the stamped images separate. I heat emboss the entire card panel once the stamping is complete. 

I used distress inks (picked raspberry, blueprint sketch and mermaid lagoon) applied with ink blending tools to add colour. The sentiment is from the same stamp set. I used silver embossing powder for the sentiment. One tip, make sure that the distress inks have had sufficient time to dry (or use your heat tool). Otherwise the embossing powder may hang around where you don't want it too!

Here's a close-up




I trimmed the panel a bit, so that when applied to an A2 card, there is a thin border. I added a couple of sequins to add a bit of sparkle.

We'd love for you to join us in our January - Anything Goes challenge. Just be sure that the focal image is a Hero Arts product. You can add your creation here

Thanks for visiting
sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.