Saturday 1 October 2016

House of Cards October Challenge

Is it just me or has time sped up? How is it possible that it's already October? I have so much to do before Christmas, could someone please slow down the clock? I'd appreciate it. Since it is October 1st, it means that it's time for another challenge at House of Cards

This month the challenge is

OCTOBER 2016
Gatefold Cards and/or Colors



Here's my card



OK - I've never made a gatefold card before this challenge. I knew what it was, just never attempted one. I started with a cardbase cut to 3.5" x 11". Using my scoring board, I scored at 4" and 8.5" from one edge. The finished card would be smaller than an A2 card at 3.5" x 4.5". When folding the two edges up, the edges overlap. This is what we want.

Using MFT Die-namics Layered Heart border die, I cut through the top two layers using the solid heart border die. I also die cut the solid heart border from a piece of bright pink, which I adhered to the bottom of the top portion of the gatefold. I die cut the outline heart border from a piece of light pink, which I adhered to the top of the bottom portion of the gatefold. I was amazed that everything actually lined up.






With a piece of pink printed paper, I also used the solid heart border die to place on the top and bottom gatefolds. For the sentiment, I die cut a heart from Memory Box Cherub Hearts and stamped the sentiment from Simon Says STAMP Thanks stamp set. I found a small heart die cut, which I covered with crystal effects for a bit of shine.

Hope you can join us at House of Cards this month by creating a gatefold card or using the inspiration colors.

Thanks for visiting
sue

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Sue! I love the little hearts across the bottom - -fun and creative too!
    Take Care!
    Michele, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! So clever with the folds and I loved that you used pink! Really pops! jane hoc teamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is SO SWEET, Sue! I adore the fun border you used as the gatefold--the pinks are fabulous, too! Amazing card, friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.