Thursday 1 September 2016

a2z Scrapbooking - September Challenge

Looks like summer is coming to an end. The temperatures are starting to drop and it's dark when I wake up - BOO!

I'm participating in this month's challenge at a2z scrapbooking where the challenge is "Make It A Tag".

Here's my tag



It measures about 2" x 3.5". I started by creating the background with my current favorite mini inks - Hero Arts AF355 Lucy's Floral Favorites. I started by applying a little water with a paint brush to a piece of watercolor paper. I then applied the mini ink directly in a random pattern. I moved a bit of the color around with a waterbrush. When it dried, I used one of the Hero Arts Floral Filigree stencil pair SA051 with opaque matte texture paste applied with a palette knife. I was sure to wash off the stencil and palette knife before the texture paste dried! While the texture paste was still "wet" on the background piece, I added gold embossing powder. I put the background piece aside to allow the texture paste to dry. Once it was dried (apparently it's important to let the texture paste dry before using a heat tool - I didn't experiment), I used my heat tool to set the embossing powder.

Here's a close-up.


On a piece of vellum, I used clear embossing ink and gold embossing powder and the sentiment from Hero Arts CL925 Dare to Dream stamp set, which was heat set.

To complete the tag, I used some embroidery floss in similar colors to create a tassel and tie.

Check out the a2z scrapbooking store and use the code Sue15 for a 15% discount off of purchases of $25 or more.

Thanks for visiting
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.