Wednesday 31 August 2016

Uniko Challenge #35

The current challenge at Uniko was a bit tricky for me. Here's the challenge

 

See what I mean? I guess I could have stamped a bunch of flowers for Neil Diamond and Barbra Streisand's You Don't Bring Me Flowers or some butterflies for Bob Carlisle's Butterfly Kisses. Instead, while looking through my stamp sets, I found one and it led to this card


Can you guess it? I used The Alley Way Stamps' Sea Mates stamp set. I stamped the walrus (you guessed the song - right?) on a post-it note and fussy cut it out to make a mask. I then added distress inks with ink blending tools for the sky and beach. I removed the mask and coloured the walrus with copics. The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn's Chit Chat stamp set, which I stamped on a srap and fussy cut.

Thanks for visiting
sue

FYI - for those from a different generation, the song is I am a Walrus by The Beatles.

4 comments:

  1. A fun and adorable design and image and a great song inspiration. Beautifully done! Thanks for playing along with us at Uniko this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little fella he is. Thanks for playing at Uniko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - refreshingly different and fun! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. GENIUS! My Uncle would have loved this card. Beautiful stamping, masking and colouring. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Challenge & my apologies for commenting SO late. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.