Tuesday 19 January 2016

One-Layer Simplicity Challenge #23 The Sky's the Limit

This month's challenge at One-Layer Simplicity is

OLS23 The Sky's the Limit


Here's my card


Is anyone else intimated by one-layer cards? I like the "comfort" of creating on a card front which seems easier for me to recycle than the entire card base. I need to get over it - only pennies, right?

I had seen several photos of the northern lights. I have yet to witness them myself. Apparently, they are dancing lights in the night sky. I tried to reproduce this. I masked off the card front, to prevent ink on the back. I used distress inks (spiced marmalade, faded jeans and seedless preserves) applied with mini ink blending tools. I tried to make the colours dance.

I used SU's Lovely as a Tree for the silhouette. The sentiment is from Paper Smooches.

Thanks for visiting
sue

1 comment:

  1. I have yet to see the Northern lights too. Lovely representation of them here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.