Sunday 24 January 2016

Muse Challenge #149

The current Muse at Muse Challenge is this beauty by Tracey McNeely
 
 

Considering the snowstorm out east and the cloudy, rainy weather here in Vancouver, I just love the reminder that spring, with its bright colours is just around the corner.

I'm trying to think outside the box and stretch a bit. 

I was inspired by 
  • the beautiful and bright colours that Tracey used
  • the "subject" - flowers, stem and leaf 
  • the sentiment - a mix of script and "regular" print
So, instead of stamping, I tried using a stencil and adding ink (distress inks - spiced marmalade, ripe persimmon, picked raspberry and twisted citron). Here's my card

The stencil is by ARTplorations - Bold Florals. The sentiment is from Avery Elle - Love Notes. I also used a lime green cardstock as a mat.

Thanks for visiting
sue



2 comments:

  1. Ooh - love the big scale of your blossoms - very fun! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue your stenciling is fabulous for the inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.