Wednesday 5 August 2015

Online Card Classes Background Check - Day 1

Homework for Day 1 - Inking Techniques

Here's my homework for Online Card Classes
Background Check class
 
It's a watercolour panel. I used distress inks - faded jeans, chipped sapphire and dusty concord. I smooshed each colour separately on my teflon mat and spritzed with water. I used a scrap piece of plastic (packaging for new stamp set) to "carry" the ink from the teflon sheet onto the watercolour paper. I find this technique allows some control as to where the colour goes. After I was happy with the colours, I added some water droplets to "pull up" some of the colour.

This is a relatively easy technique and no two panels will look the same!

Thanks for visiting
sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.